• May 4Finals - May 26 & 29, 2018

• May 4Senior Trip - May 21, 2018

• May 4Senior Final Exams - May 16 & 17, 2018

Callie Hughes

Kylee Murray, Editor

Callie Jo Hughes is a 15-year-old freshman that has been going to Franklin school district since Pre-K. Callie is a energetic person while playing sports or in certain classes. People have certain traits that make them different than everyone else; Callie’s trait happens to be her athleticism. 

Callie feels that a class she excels in is Spanish. She feels this way because she has a lot of fun in that class but also turns in her homework on time and does well on tests.

Everyone has an activity that they like to do outside of school, such as watching TV, hanging out with friends or family, or playing video games. Callie’s is basketball because it’s fun and she describes herself as being very competitive. “I have nice 3-point shots,” Callie jokingly said.

Almost every freshman has a goal that he or she would like to accomplish before graduation. Callie’s goals are to have all A’s in all her classes for the rest of her high school career, make the all-state honorable mention title, and finally get better at playing golf.

Because Callie loves sports, she says that the most thrilling sport that she likes to watch is snowboarding because it’s very unpredictable.

Someone that she would like to have dinner with, dead or alive, is Lisa Leslie. She would enjoy this because Lisa is the first woman to dunk, and, according to Callie, she’s the best female athlete in the NBA. One of her idols that she would like to meet is James Harden because she believes he’s the  greatest basketball player of all time.

During high school is the time that many students start to develop world views. Callie believes bullying is a serious issue. “It’s awful to see people getting made fun of,” Callie states.

On a lighter note, to really understand someone, try asking them what three items they would bring to a desert island. Callie says the things she would bring are her phone, to try to get off the island; a Jeep, so she can ride around the island; and a cooler full of food.

Finally, the greatest experience of someone’s life is pretty important to people. Callie, due to her light-hearted, joking nature, proceeded to start laughing upon the mention of the question. Finally, between laughs she replied, “Eating McDonald’s for the first time because it’s awesome.”