• October 152:00 Dismissal October 24th and 25th

• October 15Parent Teacher Conferences - October 24th and 25th

• October 15No School October 26th

Brain drain

Abigale Trout, Staff Writer

Oprah Winfrey once said, “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” High school isn’t just laughs and giggles, or achieving every goal you come in contact with. There are times where you will face battles and, as a result, feel lost. Not only does this exist for those involved in sports or clubs, but some students struggle with their classes.

Being able to go to a small school has its perks–you can be close with your teachers, so if you ever need help or one-on-one time to review the teachers are always here to help. At Franklin, as in all other places, no one is perfect and students tend to struggle with different classes. Jordan Gum and Koy Spada both have different subjects in school that challenge them.

Koy Spada, senior at Franklin High School, says his hardest class this year would be business math. He has this class in the afternoon which he agrees is best so he will pay more attention. “When I first started this school year I was not expecting this class to be a struggle,” said Spada. “We have a lot of homework and what makes it the most difficult is my ability to understand what is going on.” Koy said that his goal for the end of this school year before he graduates is to be able to understand what is going on in the class and to get through it like a breeze.

Jordan Gum, sophomore at Franklin, says that his hardest subject in school is Geometry. Jordan thinks that this class is hard because it is taught at such a fast pace and can be a lot to learn in a little amount of time. “I have this class in the middle of the day, which makes it harder because I’m not paying as much attention as I would if it was at the end of the school day,” says Jordan. Like Koy, Jordan wasn’t expecting this class to be as difficult as he finds it to be.