• October 152:00 Dismissal October 24th and 25th

• October 15Parent Teacher Conferences - October 24th and 25th

• October 15No School October 26th

Who’s listening?

Taylor Knifley, Staff Writer

“Love fun, yeah me too.” This is a song verse from a popular song Girls Like You by Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B. People have been listening to music for years. Music has been a big part of the world.
According to Billboard.com the top five songs are as follows:

• “In My Feelings” – Drake
  • “Girls Like You” – Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B
  • “I Like It” – Cardi B
  • “Better Now” – Post Malone
  • “Lucid Dreams” – Juice Wrld

Even though these songs are the top of the charts, they aren’t exactly the top at Franklin. Kyle Jennings, a sophomore at Franklin, says he prefers rock and metal music, though he also states that he isn’t against the top songs–he enjoys Post Malone’s “Better Now.” Jennings and his friend Ben Graham, who is also a sophomore at Franklin, stated that they posted a video for the “In My Feelings” challenge. Another sophomore at Franklin, Bella Parrish, states that she listens to country more than rap or pop. Parrish states that she has heard all of the top five songs but says Lucid Dreams is her favorite. Even though Parrish’s favorite artist is Thomas Rhett, she also enjoys to listen to other country artists, such as Luke Combs and Kane Brown.

Unlike the other two students, Ashley Bergschneider, a junior at Franklin, states she enjoys rap and listens to it quite often. Bergschneider says that her favorite rap/pop song is “I Love It” by Lil Pump and Kanye West. This song is not yet on the top five but fastly climbing the charts. Bergschneider continued to say that she began to like this type of music because her friend Kacey Tillery showed her this genre while hanging out during the summer. Bergschneider states that she also enjoys to listen to 21 Savage and Nicki Minaj.