• November 192:00 Dismissal November 19th

• October 31Contact Ms. Scannell to purchase a yearbook!

Fears through the years

Abigale Trout, Staff Writer

According to Merriam-Webster, fear is defined as “a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, and etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; it is the feeling or condition of being scared.” There are many different types of fears that people suffer with, such as heights, clowns, spiders, losing someone, claustrophobia, blood, and water.  Overcoming a fear is not always easy to do. Some suffer from their fear their whole lives, while others have only recently discovered that their fears exist.

Drake Stephenson, a freshman at Franklin High School, says his top three biggest fears are clowns, falling objects, and his teacher, Mrs. Stocker. He is afraid of these things because he said clowns are creepy and, while he isn’t afraid of all heights, he doesn’t like the idea of flying in an airplane. 

Another freshman at Franklin, Collin Foster, is afraid of donkeys and milk. Collin stated that not many people know about his fears, but he has had them since he was little. If there was an opportunity for Collin to get over his fears, he said he wouldn’t want to. “Once when I was walking at my friends I saw a donkey and it wouldn’t leave me alone, and milk is just very weird so I will never like it,” Collin stated.

John Roodhouse, a sophomore at Franklin, said he is afraid of failing high school, failing college, dying, and needles. What helps John get over his fears is doing homework, so he doesn’t end up living out his fears. John also said that if there is ever the chance to get over his fears, he would in a heartbeat.