• March to Memphis March 28

• 2019 Franklin Follies: April 13 @ 6:30

• 2:00 dismissal March 22

• March 16: HS Baseball vs. Athens

A ride into Kacey’s life

Back to Article
Back to Article

A ride into Kacey’s life

Taylor Knifley, Staff Writer

Kacey Tillery plays volleyball for the South County Vipers and has played the sport since 5th grade. She also plays volleyball at a club in Jacksonville called JNVBC twice a week. They have open gyms every Wednesday from 7-9 p.m. and practice for club team every Sunday, usually in the morning.

“Playing for club you get to meet a lot of new people,” Tillery says about her time in JNVBC. All of the club tournaments are in Missouri or at least a few hours away. Tillery noted that playing club makes you very competitive if you aren’t already. People from all over come to play JNVBC, so you get new experiences outside of just playing with people at your school.

Aside from being heavily involved with volleyball, Kacey also has a busy life outside of school activities. With her free time she likes to go to rodeos. She has been to Madison, Iowa and Cheyenne, Wyoming, to watch the rodeos.

During the summer, Kacey likes to ride horses with family friends. Her family hasn’t always had horses. Her dad started off with just getting one for cattle. After that, her mom wanted one, so they started to buy multiple. Kacey and her family have five horses and a baby foal. “It’s a lot of work, we feed them twice a day.” On the weekends, Kacey and her family usually end up going camping somewhere with their motor-home and they usually take their horses with them. “It’s a lot of hard work but it’s a lot of fun and it pays off.”

Kacey’s future plans after high school are to attend a college and get her bachelor’s degree in nursing. “I’ve always wanted to do something in the medical field and so nursing has always stood out for me.” Kacey enjoys math and science, so she hopes to perform well in a nursing program. The nursing field can be competitive, but luckily Kacey has been a competitive person throughout her life.