‘The best way to spread holiday cheer…’

Coya Graves, Staff Writer

Christmas is the time of miracles and is associated with cheerful, hopeful music. Christmas music helps bring that special Christmas spirit about. According to Billboard.com, the following songs are popular this holiday season: 

1. Mariah Carey – “All I Want For Christmas Is You”
  2. Andy Williams – “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”
  3. Brenda Lee – “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”
  4. Burl Ives – “A Holly Jolly Christmas”
  5. Bobby Helms – “Jingle Bell Rock”

Although these are Billboard’s top five, the students at Franklin High School have differing music tastes. Corbin Fusselman, freshman, thinks “The Twelve Days of Christmas” talks about true love and what one will do for their loved ones. His grandma took him to the Waverly Library to get the audio book and, ever since, 5 golden rings has been his favorite verse. 

Killian Delaney, senior, prefers “Feliz Navidad” and Barbra Streisand’s “Jingle Bells.” They always put her in a good mood to open presents. She likes to dance to “Jingle Bells”–including Barbara Streisand’s laugh–and also really enjoys the Spanish in “Feliz Navidad.”

Junior, Olivia Treece, likes “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” because she can sing to it and thinks it makes Christmas more joyful. Her favorite part of the song is when they list off the reindeer.

Sophomore Isabella Parrish at Franklin likes the song “Winter Wonderland.” She really enjoys the melody and loves when they song sings about the snowmen in the meadow. 

**Name of article credited to Will Ferrell’s character, Buddy the Elf, in Elf.