The moments that never made AFV

Back to Article
Back to Article

The moments that never made AFV

Abigale Trout, Staff Writer

We all have memories we want to remember, but we also all likely have memories we’d much rather forget–especially those that embarrass us. These memories can make us feel self-conscious, shameful, or awkward. The last thing we usually want to do is share those embarrassing moments with others.

At Franklin, there are 79 kids and 16 teachers. Because of this, we become close and are always talking, laughing, and making the best out of a regular school day. This laughter helps us to become closer–especially when we can laugh at ourselves.

“My most embarrassing moment was when I got a bucket stuck on the top of my head and my mom laughed at me for it,” said Ben about his six-year-old self. “I was trying to find Easter eggs when it happened. I stuck my head in a bucket to see if there was any in there–honestly I wanted to see if my head would get stuck in the bucket.” Ben finds humor in situations like this. “I would never go back in time and change this event even if I had the chance. I think that it is too funny.”

“The most embarrassing moment in my life was probably when I face planted outside of Walmart about two years ago when I was sixteen,” admitted Hannah Marcel. She also noted that she has never told anyone this because she thought that it would be too embarrassing. “Thankfully I was alone, but I’m sure a few people walking through the parking lot. I honestly think this happened just because I’m a klutz.”

Mrs. Stocker, Franklin’s ASL and special education teacher, shared the following embarrassing moment: “I was with a friend in high school and we were going bowling. She was going on a blind date and I was just going for support. It was winter time, so it snowed and we walked into the bowling alley and it was hardwood floors. I slipped, no big deal–I caught myself until I realized I split my pants.” Mrs. Stocker says that she didn’t need to tell any of her friends because they were standing right next to her when it happened. “After this all happened, I went to my uncle’s to borrow some of my cousin’s pants. It wouldn’t have been so bad but we were meeting up with people we didn’t know and the first impression is everything.”