Senior Projects

174 days later

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Projects

Alexia Christison, Staff Writer

The countdown to the end of the year has begun. The seniors started the end of their high school experience with their senior project research papers and finished their senior project presentations on February 13. Killian Delaney explained that the most enjoyable part of the senior project experience for her was “listening to everybody and seeing how well everyone did.” There were many interesting topics discussed during the presentations. Hannah Marcel studied America’s Foreign Language Crisis for her senior project and delivered a well put-together presentation on her research.

The seniors have been working hard from the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year on their papers in order to build up to their presentation day. Marcus Richards said that throughout this year the senior project has taught him, “the benefits of my project topic. I was against it prior to studying the subject.” Marcus researched and presented wind energy for his senior project and delivered an argument in favor of the wind mills, touching on a subject that has became of large concern in the Franklin/Alexander area.

After presentations came to a close, Bailey Rees stated that the most challenging and time-consuming portion of senior project was writing the paper. After the presentation wrapped up, she wanted to thank Mrs. Slaughterback for “helping me with what to focus on and what I needed in my powerpoint.”  Overall, the seniors felt a sense of self-fulfillment and accomplishment after their papers and presentations were completed.

With the stress of senior project out of the way, the seniors are now one step closer to facing the reality of life. They are thankful for the opportunity to prepare themselves for the college experience through the senior project, from the expert portion to the lengthy presentations in front of the panel of judges. The senior class is looking forward to take the skills that they’ve gained during this process and use them to their benefit in other aspects of their lives.