For the love of FHS

Coya Graves, Staff Writer

The movie To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before is about a girl named Lara Jean who has five love letters that are sitting in envelopes with addresses on them that her little sister sends out because she feels like Lara needs a boyfriend or a life.

Katie Walsh, from Los Angeles Times stated, “Centineo is the big beating heart at the center of the somewhat reserved ‘To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before.’ He’s a lot like his character, bringing out the best in this love story.”  The movie itself has all the emotions that a teenager goes through. It shows worry, nerves, awkward situations, sadness, and what happens when they are faced with the truth. 

Lainey Bergschneider, a junior at FHS, says her favorite scene is where Lara Jean and Peter meet up at the restaurant to have a soda and a milkshake and talk. She likes the fact that Peter and Lara Jean are together. “It’s an unexpected get together because she has like no friends and he has all these friends.” She claims it’s a meet-cute, where two people get together in a cute way.

Bergschneider’s favorite character is Lara Jean’s little sister, Kitty, because “she is a sassy, tell-it-how-it-is little girl but isn’t a bad thing. She wasn’t afraid to tell Lara Jean that she [Kitty] is eleven and has a life while her sister is sixteen and she doesn’t.” She also likes the part in the ski trip where Lucas, one of the recipients of a love letter, gives Lara Jean advice about her relationship with Peter and she ends up going to join him at the hot tub.

Zoe Graves, a sophomore at Franklin, really enjoyed the movie, especially how Peter and Lara Jean bonded more over the ski trip, but she didn’t like the sexual aspect they added during that scene. Her favorite character in the movie is Peter because he is “goood lookin’!”

Most girls love Noah Centineo’s character, Peter, because he has a lot of respect towards women throughout the whole movie. 

Work Cited

Walsh, Katie. “Review: More Rom Than Com,’To All The Boys I Ever Loved Before’ sweetly nails the complexity of teen emotion.” Los Angeles Times, https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-to-all-the-boys-review-20180816-story.html. Accessed 21 February 2019.