• March to Memphis March 28

• 2019 Franklin Follies: April 13 @ 6:30

• 2:00 dismissal March 22

• March 16: HS Baseball vs. Athens

A teacher, coach, a dad, and a husband

Back to Article
Back to Article

A teacher, coach, a dad, and a husband

Isabella Borcky, Staff Writer

Mr. Suits is not just the teacher we see in the halls of FHS–he is also a dedicated coach, father, and husband. While these roles may seem like a lot to juggle, Mr. Suits does it proudly.

In an interview, Mr. Suits said that he would never change the subject that he teaches because he enjoys all sports and activities and enjoys watching young people grow and trying to help them realize how important physical activity is as they get older.With all the focus on technology today, not as many kids are active like they used to be. In some cases, they’ve forgotten how important it is to be active outside of school because they are too stuck on their phones or game systems. Mr. Suits tries to encourage kids to step away from technology for a while and be active.

When Mr. Suits coaches the basketball team, he tries to make sure that all the players to understand the value of hard work, teamwork, and discipline, while still remembering to have fun with their teammates and coaches. Mr. Suits admitted that it can be hard balancing time he spends with his family and his basketball team. He said that’s the hardest part of coaching, especially when he lives 45 miles from school. When the season starts, there are some weeks where he only gets to see his kids 2 or 3 nights out of the whole week. It is tough for him to be coaching away from his family all the time, but he is grateful to have a wife that allows him to do what he absolutely loves. His family tries to come support him and the team but it’s hard for his wife to bring all 3 of the kids plus the new baby. Thankfully they have grandma and grandpa to help them when needed.

The best part after a long day teaching and coaching, according to Mr. Suits, is coming home to his family. No matter if the team has won or lost, he still gets the same hugs from his boys and his wife. “You always have good and bad practices, but I love coming home and walking in to the boys yelling, ‘Dad!’”

“I love being able to be a positive influence for many young athletes within our basketball program. The best part of the past few years has been taking our basketball team to my folks’ lake house in the summer. My folks and wife/kids come out to the lake as well. Being able to combine those two things is fun for me, and being around them in a different capacity and having those guys as positive role models for my boys is so fun to watch. I am very fortunate to have so many great young people in our program to work with. Something I will never take for granted. Franklin High School has a bunch of great young adults. I feel extremely lucky to be here working with them everyday.”