A perfect ten

Back to Article
Back to Article

A perfect ten

Kyle Jennings, Staff Writer

From FFA to NHS, Mollie Allen keeps herself involved at FHS. She enjoys everything that has to do with being outside. Being the secretary of FFA, she is highly active in helping run the chapter with her the advisor, Mr. Nelson. “I like to stay involved because it is a way to bond with people I don’t have in class. I can make a new relationship with the older and lower classmen. Being this involved helps me grow for my future,” Allen stated. She is also the treasurer of the junior class, overseeing all money and purchases for the entire class. If that wasn’t enough, she is a member of National Honors Society and a key member of the volleyball and girls’ basketball team. 

Allen is highly involved in sports, specifically girls’ basketball and high school volleyball. “I love the adrenaline when the team gets a point and the whole team cheers. Sports have been a huge part of my life ever since I was little and staying involved has made my love for each sport grow throughout the year.” Allen also supports other South County teams, going to basketball games as often as she can. Allen noted her favorite events to attend are “night boys basketball games. Not only is it something that brings all the students from both schools together to cheer on our boys, but it also brings both communities together. There’s nothing better than an intense game, everyone up on their feet cheering for out South County Vipers.”

Allen is enrolled in a college class and many of Franklin’s most rigorous classes such as physics, pre-calculus, honors English, and her favorite class, advanced chemistry “It’s a very hard class, but I enjoy it a lot. It’s something I will need for hopefully what I want to do in life.” Allen’s hopes for her future outside of Franklin are to go to college and become a sonographer, who is someone who performs ultrasounds.

If there is an activity at Franklin, Allen is almost always involved. Even though she takes some of the most difficult classes the school has to offer, she excels academically and even has time to have a part-time job at JCPenney’s retail store in Jacksonville. Allen takes great pride in her involvement in the community, knowing it will give her useful skills that will last the rest of her life, such as time management, organization, following directions, working with people, and communication.