Small Trout in big water

Isaac Carter, Staff Writer

Zachary Trout, a senior, has been involved in many activities over the years at Franklin High School. Trout has been involved in FFA, basketball, SADD, science club, track, and football. Trout’s favorite memories are from football, which he has been playing since 5th grade. Trout admitted, “Since the football season has ended, the end of the school year is approaching very quickly.” Trout has been ready for the end of school for a while now. “I felt that the end of High School was within reach since his sophomore year,” Trout explained. Although high school is ending abruptly, Trout is looking forward to attending college. 

Trout is looking to attend Western Illinois University or Southern Illinois University Carbondale and has been accepted into both of his desired colleges. Trout claimed, “I am looking forward to applying myself in History. I want to follow in the footsteps of the great Mr. Waite.” Mr. Waite has made history enjoyable for most of his students, but he has made it Trout’s passion. Trout wants to take most of his studies on United States history. His favorite area of history is current American history. Trout has high expectations for college, so he is looking forward to the new experiences awaiting him.

If Trout were to attend SIUC, he would be following in the footsteps of his grandfather. He plans to stay in the area for his teaching career. Trout will need to get his bachelor’s degree in order to teach at the high school level. Trout is looking forward to what college has to offer to him. Trout is looking forward to what the future holds for him and is ready to take the task head on.