• HS Boys' Basketball @ Waverly Holiday Tournament on Dec. 26-29

• HS Boys' Basketball @ Routt on Dec. 21

• HS Boys' Basketball vs. Winchester @ Waverly on Dec. 18

• HS Girls' Basketball @ North Mac on Dec. 17

• HS Boys' Basketball @ JHS Bowl on Dec. 15

• HS Boys' Basketball @ Lincolnwood on Dec. 14

• HS Boys' Basketball vs. Greenfield on Dec. 11

• HS Girls' Basketball @ Calvary on Dec. 11

• High School Fresh/Soph Basketball vs. Athens

• Pajama and Movie Day on Dec. 12

• 2:00 Dismissal December 21st

• Winter Break December 21st - January 8th

• Finals December 20th and 21st

Will the Cameron Crazies go wild?

Callie Hughes, Staff Writer

Going into the 2019 season, the Duke Blue Devils have come off an Elite 8 appearance and are ready to make some noise. Still, the fans may be upset about losing favorite players like Marvin Bagley III, Grayson Allen, Gary Trent Jr, and Trevon Duval. Sixth-grader Trevor Colwell stated, “The loss of Grayson Allen will affect them and they won’t have as much leadership on the court.”

Although they are leaving, coach Mike Krzyzewski managed to whip up a pretty good class for next year. Being brought to the table are the top 3 recruits in 2018.

RJ Barrett, the number one overall recruit, hails from Montverde Academy in Florida. He made some noise this year winning a state and national championship.

Zion Williamson, the second overall recruit, comes from Spartanburg Day School in North Carolina. He led his team to a state championship, averaging 36 points per game.

Duke’s last recruit is Cam Reddish, from Westtown School. Cam was a member of the All USA Boys Basketball first team.

The starting lineup is young, as 4 out of the 5 starting are freshmen. Tre Jones is expected to start at the point; Alex O’Connell will start as the shooting guard; the lone sophomore, RJ Barrett, will be the small forward; Cam Reddish will start as the power forward; and Zion Williamson will  round it out at center.

Duke is relying heavily on athleticism and quickness for this upcoming season as they are playing small ball. Some key returnees are Marques Bolden, Javin Delaurier, Jordan Goldwire, Marques Bolden, and Alex O’Connell.

ESPN already had Duke at the number one spot for the “Way too Early Predictions.” Look out for the young Blue Devils who are ready to roll into the next season.

Sources:

https://balldurham.com/2018/01/22/duke-blue-devils-taking-an-in-depth-look-into-2018-19/